Messy weather is coming!
Messy weather does not typically impact our toddler or preschool programs but can have a big impact on our school-age programs. Please see below for (rare) early release or closure information.
- In the event of expected severe weather that still allows us to open, each family will be asked to share their expected pick-up time and best contact info. Administrators monitor weather conditions and will determine our closing time based on safety factors.
- IN THE EVENT OF A CHILDREN FIRST CLOSURE:
- Notification will be on our 24/7 voice mail (467-2345) and our Children First Facebook page. We will also send out a REMIND to all families and post on Channels 22 News.
- We close only when it is deemed unsafe for travel, the Governor declares a State of Emergency, or Children First experiences a system failure (like a power outage) that necessitates our closure.
- (SA ONLY) IN THE EVENT OF A DELAYED OPENING:
- Children First will have staff will provide care from 6:30 AM (unless otherwise noted) until the bus arrives. ALL CURRENTLY ENROLLED CF STUDENTS are eligible to attend the delayed opening, whether they normally attend on that day or not. Contact CF to ensure a slot (phone (467-2345)/Remind app/email).
- You will be billed $4.00 (1-hour school delay) or $8.00 (2-hour school delay). (In addition to the regular before school amount of $8.75*)
- (SA ONLY) IN THE EVENT OF AN EARLY DISMISSAL:
- Children First will be notified by the Granby public school and will have staff available to care for the school-agers, who will arrive by school bus, where our closing time will be determined based on safety factors. Only those holding a contracted slot are guaranteed care – all others need to contact CF to ensure a slot.
- (SA ONLY) IN THE EVENT OF A SNOW DAY (NO SCHOOL):
- We will open for our regular hours (6:30 AM to 6:00 PM) unless safety factors necessitate an adjustment in hours.
- ALL REGISTERED CF STUDENTS are eligible to attend the snow day coverage, whether they normally attend or not. Contact CF to ensure a slot (phone (467-2345)/Remind app/email).
- Children MUST have snow pants, boots, hats and mittens on these days (as staff will take children out for outdoor play unless conditions are severe).
- Children MUST also have a lunch, snacks, and a water bottle.
- Please ensure that we have current LIFE SAVING MEDICATION (inhaler/epipen/etc) if your child your child does not normally attend with us and meds are not at the center.